Posts

Rubio announces that 83% of USAID contracts will be canceled

Image
  The Trump administration officially canceled 83% of U.S. foreign aid contracts on Monday. "The 5200 contracts that are now cancelled spent tens of billions of dollars in ways that did not serve, (and in some cases even harmed), the core national interests of the United States," Secretary of State Marco Rubio  wrote  on X early Monday morning. The total number of contracts is about 6,200, representing programs that were appropriated by Congress in the last budget approval. Rubio said that the remaining 1,000 or so contracts would be administered by the State Department, which absorbed the U.S. Agency for international Development (USAID) last month. In his post, Rubio thanked DOGE — the Department of Government Efficiency headed by Elon Musk — for implementing "overdue and historic reform. A review that beat its deadline Trump ordered a review of all foreign aid programs on his first day in office. Rubio then announced a temporary pause on these programs beginning Jan. ...

Woke is dead — let’s make sure it never comes back

Across the non-left media world, it’s now an article of faith that Donald Trump’s emphatic victory is a woke watershed. After asking petulantly for year upon year, “Now have we hit peak woke?” like children on the back seat nagging daddy “are we there yet?” we learn repeatedly from conservative outlets that the progressive lunacy that has tormented us since about 2014 (if not since 1965) has been roundly defeated. A decisive death knell for identity politics dangles the blessed possibility of no longer squandering our brief duration on this Earth on stupid conversations and debates over whether: women can have penises; racial discrimination cures racism; advancement in employment and education should be determined by skin color; the western civilization that gave us penicillin, Rembrandt, Bach and the Hubble space telescope is a disgrace; being grotesquely fat is healthy; and wearing a sombrero that you bought yourself on Amazon is theft. Friends, the folks who’ve really been stealing ...

All 12 jurors, 1 alternate seated for Trump’s hush money trial: Recap

Image
  Jury selection consumed the third day of former President Trump’s hush money trial on Thursday. All 12 jurors were seated by the for Trump’s hush money trial after two were dismissed earlier in the day, in part over fears of being exposed through media coverage. Dozens of jurors were almost immediately excused after admitting they could not be fair or impartial during the politically divisive trial. Each side, the defense and prosecution, only has about a handful of strikes left. Jury selection consumed the third day of former President Trump’s hush money trial on Thursday. Follow below for a recap from New York. Prosecutors refuse to hand over first witness names Prosecutors refused Trump attorney Todd Blanche’s request to provide the names of the first three witnesses they intend to call at trial, citing Trump’s recent Truth Social posts about witnesses. Assistant District Attorney Joshua Steinglass said they normally would’ve provided the names as a courtesy but won’t because ...